A casement window is hinged at the side and opens outward. It provides excellent ventilation—at times literally reaching out and catching the breeze. It looks like a narrow picture window because, unlike double hung or sliding windows, it has no rail to obstruct the view.Some casement windows are simply pushed open, but most have a hand crank. Screens are placed on the inside of the window, where they’re more protected from the elements. If you’re installing windows over a sink, counter top or appliance, a casement window with a crank can be the perfect solution.
One of the things to look for in a casement window is how far it opens. The best open up perfectly perpendicular to the house for maximum ventilation.
- Virgin Sunshield™ PVC Vinyl.
- DuraSeal™ Warm Edge Flexible Spacer System.
- 3/4″ Insulated Glass Units
- Fusion welded sash and main frame.
- Mulit-point weather-stripping.
- 3 1/4″ Frame Depth.
- Full Screen.
- Extruded Nail Fin (removable for replacement applications).