Double Hung Windows
You can’t get more traditional than this classic window style. Both top and bottom sashes open. To encourage lots of air circulation, open both sashes halfway. On double hung tilt windows, the sashes tilt inward to enable easy cleaning of the exterior faces of both the top and bottom sash.Since double hung windows open without using any interior or exterior space, they’re an excellent choice for small rooms or next to walkways, porches or patios where you don’t want a window to protrude. Double hung windows can be an effective design element for ventilation when combined with picture or arch/radius windows. They’re frequently used in bedrooms, bathrooms and many other rooms in a house.
- Virgin Sunshield™ PVC Vinyl.
- DuraSeal™ Warm Edge Flexible Spacer System.
- E-Z Tilt (double hung only).
- 7/8″ Insulated Glass Units.
- Fusion welded sash and main frame.
- Twin vent locks (double hung only).
- Dual cam locks (sash size permitting).
- Head and Sill Expanders.
- Multi-Point Weather Stripping.
- Half Screen (single hung, double hung, slider).
- 3 1/4″ Frame Depth.
- Full Screen (double hung and slider only).