Single Hung Windows
One sash is movable (usually the bottom one) and the other fixed. This is the earlier form of sliding sash window, and is cheaper.Traditional in appearance, a Single hung window slides vertically, reminiscent of a classic-style sash window. Since it opens without using any interior or exterior space, it’s an excellent choice for small rooms or next to walkways, porches or patios where you don’t want a window to protrude.On a Single hung window, only the bottom sash slides upward—the top sash is permanently fixed. Screens are usually installed on the outside of the window. On single hung tilt windows, the bottom sash tilts inward to enable cleaning of the exterior face.
Single hung windows can be an effective design element for ventilation when combined with picture or arch/radius windows. They’re frequently used in bedrooms,bathrooms and many other rooms in a house.
- Virgin Sunshield™PVC Vinyl.
- DuraSeal™ Warm Edge Flexible Spacer System.
- E-Z Tilt
- Sloped Sill.
- 3/4″ Insulated Glass Units.
- Fusion welded sash and main frame.
- Twin vent locks (double-hung only).
- Mulit-point weather-stripping.
- 3 1/4″ Frame Depth.
- Half Screen (single hung, double hung, slider).
- Built-in J Channel.
- Extruded Nail Fin (removable for replacement applications).